September is National Sewing Month!
Check out the official site, http://www.nationalsewingmonth.org/
The American Sewing Guild: Advancing sewing as an art and life skill
The American Sewing Guild is a membership organization that welcomes sewing enthusiasts of all skill levels and from many different walks of life. Chapters are located in cities all across the country and members meet monthly to learn new sewing skills, network with others who share an interest in sewing and participate in community service sewing projects. Membership in the Guild gives you an opportunity to experience your love of any type of home sewing with others who share your interest. Members can take advantage of:
- Monthly meetings
- Special workshops and events
- Online Sewing Classes
- Special offers from industry resources
- Members-only magazine
- Annual conference
- Sewing-related travel and tours
The American Sewing Guild is committed to:
- Promoting and supporting strong chapter and membership vitality within the organization
- Publicizing, promoting, and stimulating interest in sewing activities and the ASG
- Collaborating and/or forming partnerships with other organizations for programs that are mutually beneficial
- Expanding ASG community service efforts
- Maintaining ASG as a financially viable organization
Be Our Guest
You have a standing invitation to join us for our monthly (no meeting in December) chapter meetings to see what our local chapter is all about. ASG allows potential members to visit two meetings before deciding on membership.
Check out the programs section to see what we have lined up for the upcoming months. You are also welcome to preview a Neighborhood Group meeting that meets monthly at locations around the area. For more details about locations, meeting times, and programs, click on the Meetings link above.